The stock market refers to public markets that exist for issuing, buying, and selling stocks that trade on a stock exchange or over-the-counter. Stocks, also known as equities, represent fractional ownership in a company, and the stock market is a place where investors can buy and sell ownership of such investible assets
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the types of companies that can issue shares,
- Understand stock exchanges,
- State and explain the methods to compute stock market indices,
- Discuss the two investment methods of equity,
- Explain the formation and need of prospectus,
- Describe the factors affecting stock price.